A Global Flying School
There are many flying schools to choose from around the world, each offering a different training environment, facilities and equipment and the courses may vary in terms of structure, length and quality, but ultimately there are only a select few that can be classified as a truly global flying school.
When a future commercial pilot is in the process of making their final decision of choosing a global flying school they will need to find out which flight school is the right choice for them and suits their every need. There are so many different aspects that the future pilot needs to take into consideration before making his or her final decision. The future pilot will invest money and time in their future career and therefore need to make sure that the flying school has extensive experience in training self and corporate sponsored pilots from different cultural backgrounds and from various countries around the world.
Before making a final decision as to which flight school they would like to choose, it will be beneficial for the candidate pilot to do research by asking the correct questions. The most important one to consider is what makes a truly global flying school, one that will support them in their future growth as a pilot.
A global flying school demonstrates the following characteristics
- • Firstly and most importantly the flight school needs to be focused on professional, commercial, airline pilot training and should be able to advance a student from no experience to completely transforming them into commercial Multi-Engine or Jet Turbine Pilots.
• The flight school must be able to provide positive results proving that they specialise in aviation training with international accreditation credentials.
• The flying school needs to pride themselves in being an aviation family willing to guide the students in the right direction to achieve their career goals and provide them with top service and instruction. A compass test is usually a good way to start for those that are not certain as to the career path they wish to follow.
• The flying school needs to act with integrity and uphold their standards as well as think strategically in support of the global picture. It’s important that they manage to create high performing teams who put people first by acting with a simple human touch.
• The school’s vision and mission need to be clear and should stand out from the norm. They need to stand by their values because this ensures a sense of confidence.
• Contacting previous alumni of a school is a great place to start as they can provide a more unbiased opinion as to a school’s quality, values, facilities, instruction, as well as fleet quality and size.
• It’s important for them to have various custom courses for any level of experience in accordance with training requirements for any aviation authority in any country around the globe.
• Focus, must be 100% on quality, safety, and timing to produce superior graduates for the aviation industry.
• There should be a training fleet large enough to accommodate all students at various intervals, without causing unnecessary delays in training schedules.
• Make sure the training fleet has an unblemished incident rate, which reflects a well-maintained fleet.
• The experience, quality and familiarity of the instructors should be world class as they ultimately determine the quality of training received.
• The flying school should also be in possession of flight simulators for jet engine and advanced training. This usually sets apart the top flight schools from the average ones.
• A global flying school is also characteristic of having cadets from various parts of the world attending its facility and also does not discriminate against any nationality or gender.