What conditions could prevent me from obtaining an Aviation Medical?
Colour Blindness, Diabetes (Type 1), Epilepsy and Lung/Cardiac disorders to mention a few.
What are the min. Educational Requirements?
We suggest a C+ in School graduating Core Mathematics, Physical Science & English.
What if I didn’t take Core Mathematics and Physical Science?
We would advise that you first achieve this requirement, although not a pre-request it is highly recommended.
What Qualifications does 43 offer?
We offer Private and Commercial Pilot Licences, Airline Pilot’s Licence, as well as Air Traffic control training and aircraft maintenance courses.
Do I need to have a Study Visa?
If you are a foreign student, you will need to have a study visa to study at 43 Air School, valid for a 24 Month period.
How old do I need to be to start training?
The min. age requirement is 17 years old for a Private Pilot Licence, & 18 years old for a Commercial Pilot Licence or Frozen ATPL.
Do you offer Sponsorships or Bursaries?
Unfortunately, we do not offer Bursaries or Sponsorships as we are not the user of the end product.
What is a COMPASS Assessment?
COMPASS (Computerized Pilot Aptitude Screening System) is a PC-based pilot selection tool that fulfils the need for a reliable, objective, scientifically proven and cost-effective screening method.
How does the COMPASS assessment benefit me?
The COMPASS assessment will immediately read out if you have enough potential to function as a pilot. It clearly defines to which extend the demanded personal competencies are already present and /or in which way they need to be further developed.
What does a COMPASS Assessment test?
COMPASS consists of six tests which have been developed to test some of the key aptitude areas for professional pilots.
The tests include:
- Control: a compensation task looking at basic hand/ foot/ eye co-ordination
- Slalom: a tracking task looking at hand/ eye co-ordination
- Mathematics: a test of basic applied mathematical understanding and speed
- Memory: accuracy of short-term memory recall and ability to 'chunk' information
- Task Manager: a test of the candidate's ability to scan the screen and manage two concurrent tasks accurately and quickly
- Orientation: instrument interpretation, comprehension and spatial orientation.
- Tech-Test: technical comprehension test (physics test).
- Aviation - English: test English language ability, including recognising ATC sound messages.
- Verbal reasoning: the ability of the candidate to understand, analyse and logically interpret written information
A Checklist Professional Profile is also drawn up, displaying expanded details on subjects like personal and relational competencies and potential misbalances, followed by a conclusion and advice.
These competencies include:
- Stress Tolerance
- Impulse Control
- Need for variation